Thursday, January 21, 2010

Leftovers

I used to hate leftovers.  The idea of eating the same thing a couple nights in a row just wasn't appealing.  Despite that, I always find myself making too much at dinner time.  I could not be a caterer.  I have no sense of how much to cook for the amount of eaters.  

Now I have moved out of that phase and instead of not enjoying leftovers, I hate the idea of wasting any extras.  So to balance these two opinions, I have started taking leftovers and making them into something new for the next night.  Bringing out the creativity in me.  Last night, I took the kids out to JB's for dinner.  We left there with some of James' french fries and some of Sam's leftover bacon.  I have never before tried to be creative with leftovers from a restaurant.  But tonight I decided to give it a try.  Here's what I came up with:




I sliced up a couple of onions and sauteed them in butter over med heat until soft.  I chopped up the french fries and crumbled the bacon and added those to the skillet when the onion was ready.  I seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.  

It turned out yummy. Now my leftovers are gone and I feel comfortable making something new tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. it looks so yummy! any ideas on what i could do with my leftover blue mashed potatoes?

    ReplyDelete