Monday, December 21, 2009

Thinking back

I was coming home from Jubilee after refilling an anti-nausea medicine, Zofran, when I had a thought from the past.  I remembered living at the trailer in Meadowbrook and mom having a cross-stitch on her wall.  I know I was younger than 8, because that was the age I was when we moved into the house on Military.  Anyway, I remember working hard to memorize this cross-stitch.  Here it goes:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change those I can,
And the Wisdom and Knowledge to know the difference.


I will never forget that saying as I worked so hard to memorize it.  However, I have never really thought of how much I could apply that to my life so please:



God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change those I can,
And the Wisdom and Knowledge to know the difference.

1 comment: